By Jason McClain | May 1, 2016 | 8 Comment
When you are new, you always look for the top affiliate marketing tips online, right? It’s the next logical step to getting started. Nowadays, there is a ton of information out there on affiliate marketing for business, affiliate marketing tools, resources, tips, and more. So, what I’ve done is scoured the Internet for the best affiliate marketing tips, combined them with my own experience, and now I’ve packaged the 10 best tips right here for you.
How to Earn $_____ Per Day With Affiliate Marketing
This is what you will see a lot of times out there when you begin your search. Don’t get lost in the numbers. There is a lot of money to be made in affiliate marketing, but it’s also a ton of hard work. Keep in mind that this type of content is usually used as bait to draw your attention to someone’s own affiliate links. This is also a method that is designed to make a quick buck rather than to build a sustainable online business. These are not the sort of affiliate marketing strategies that I suggest you follow. Build something with authority and own your customers.
Top 10 Affiliate Marketing Tips for Beginners
One of the cool things about affiliate marketing for beginners is that you can get started today. Check out these top 10 tips to get you on track:
- Choose a niche – choose something that interests you because you are going to be married to this topic for a while. It’s something you will be writing and thinking about for the life of your business, so make it good
- Choose the products you want to promote – these should be based on your niche of course. Find products that you use yourself, or you know are reputable. Never promote a product just because it’s the most profitable. Find great products at ClickPromise.com (my pick), Clickbank.com, or CJ.com
- Conduct good research – Know your target audience well, but also know you niche and ways it can serve your market. One of the best affiliate marketing tips I can give is to create your marketing campaigns to serve people first and your pocket second
- Set up a website or blog – Your website will be the platform from which you conduct all of your affiliate marketing strategies. Take the time to learn what software to use (I recommend WordPress), and how to optimize it for the web like a true professional. After all, this is the hub of your business
- Create a landing page – There are a ton of online tools available for landing page creation including just creating a basic page in WordPress itself.. I recommend SiteSuite inside our High Traffic Academy website for landing pages; however, just make sure you create a way to capture leads no matter what
- Set up an autoresponder – An autoresponder allows you to stay in touch with the leads you capture via email. My favorite is GetResponse. Send out blasts, recommended products, giveaways and so much more with this simple service
- Drive traffic – This can be a huge challenge to anyone trying to build an online business. I’m going to tell you like a friend, if you want to speed up your efforts, paid traffic is the way to go. Click Promise also sells media buy traffic or you can join the hundreds of PPC programs available to you
- Use social media – Social media is huge and can really drive you business in the direction you want it to go. Definitely do not ignore this greatest of affiliate marketing resources when you are working your business. You can even use social media to do affiliate marketing without a website
- Be patient – Building an online business takes just as much time as developing a brick and mortar business. Create a budget, schedule, and stay on top of news about new affiliate marketing tips. If you create a routine for yourself in your business of constant learning, things will happen before you know it
- Don’t quit – Stay the course. A quitter usually quits just before success hits. Remember our motto: UNTIL
There you have it, the top tips for affiliate marketing success. The one tip I left out is the best for last: Take action! Affiliate marketing for business is a great way to make money online and one that we’ve built a lot of tools to help you with. I would love to hear from you in the comments in regard to how your affiliate marketing for beginners is going.